Accepting Applications for Listed Positions
POSITION: Education Director
REPORTS TO: CEO
REPORTS TO: CEO
- Must be involved with the research and design of educational materials and instructional methods
- Mentoring new teachers
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior
- Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, building maintenance, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures, and ensure compliance with all laws, board policies and civil regulations
- Establish the annual master schedule for instructional programs
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes (teaching, as duties allow) on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development
- Notify immediately the appropriate personnel and agencies when there is evidence of substance abuse, child abuse, child neglect, severe medical or social conditions, potential suicide or students appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances
- Keep the staff informed and seek ideas for the improvement of the school.
- Develop clearly understood procedures and provide regular drills for emergencies and disasters
- Attend required committee meetings (e.g.: fund-raising, curriculum, etc.) and extra school sponsored functions and religious events e.g. prom, graduation, etc.
- Certified in the State of Maryland as an Administrator I or II
- Special Education endorsement in Maryland
- At least five years as a High School Administrator
- At least five years of working with Special Education students.